The Blue Bulls Company would like to advice all patrons attending the game this evening between the Vodacom Blue Bulls and the Sharks to allow a little extra travel time due to the road closures and construction in and around the Pretoria area.
The City of Tshwane would like to update road users in the Tshwane CBD of the current traffic congestion they are experiencing due to temporary road closures for the infrastructure construction of the Tshwane Rapid Transit (TRT), which is scheduled to start its operations in 2014.
The construction involves the conversion of existing traffic lanes into TRT lanes.
Construction on Nana Sita (Skinner) Street between Paul Kruger and Kotze Streets is already underway and expected to be completed and opened to normal traffic by August 2013. The intersection of Nana Sita (Skinner) and Thabo Sehume (Andries) Streets is temporarily closed until 21 June 2013. The intersection of Kotze Street and Nelson Mandela Drive is also closed until 29 October 2013.
Detours are being provided and will be adequately marked. Motorists who travel from north to south are advised to avoid the intersection of Thabo Sehume (Andries) and Nana Sita (Skinner) Streets, and are encouraged to use Nelson Mandela Drive and Sisulu (Prinsloo), Paul Kruger and Sophie de Bruyn (Schubart) Streets.
The City of Tshwane apologises for the inconvenience caused in the CBD due to the construction. Road users are advised to use alternative routes that will lessen the congestion.
Motorists who used to travel in the east/west direction along Nana Sita (Skinner) Street before the construction can take the following alternative routes:
- Eastbound: The alternative route is Francis Baard (Schoeman) Street (between Bosman Street and Nelson Mandela Drive). Alternatively, motorists can take Jeff Masemola (Jacob Mare) Street. Motorists will be able to cross Nana Sita (Skinner) Street in a southerly direction at various intersections, except during closures as listed below.
- Westbound: The alternative route is Pretorius Street (between Nelson Mandela Drive and Sophie de Bruyn (Schubart) Street. Another route is Visagie Street (between Nelson Mandela Drive and Sophie de Bruyn (Schubart) Street and Bosman.
- Closure of intersections along Nana Sita (Skinner) Street are planned as follows:
- Lilian Ngoyi, Sisulu and Kotze Streets (21 June to 14 July 2013)
- Kotze Street to University Road: Full temporary closure with access for local residents and businesses will take place at the following times:
- Kotze Street to Nelson Mandela Drive (8 June to 29 October 2013)
- Meintjies Street to Troye Street (13 June to 29 October 2013)
- Troye Street to Vos Street (3 July to 15 November 2013)
- Vos Street to Melville Street (5 July to 19 November 2013)
- Melville Street to Company Street (8 August 2013 to 23 January 2014)
The City of Tshwane apologises for the inconvenience caused by these constructions. The City would also like to thank motorists for their patience to date. Road users are advised to use the alternative routes. The A Re Yeng project will provide an efficient, reliable and frequent public transport service that reduces travel times and provides easy access to workplaces and social, retail and tourist destinations.