The Soshanguve Rugby Club held its annual gala dinner on Thursday 19 June, at Something Fab Sports Pub. This prestigious event is fast becoming one of the more recognised events on the regional Club rugby calendar.
One of the highlights of the glitzy evening was the auctioning of a signed Vodacom Bulls rugby jersey, which was eventually auctioned of for an astounding R75 000. This is the 2nd year running that a piece of Vodacom Bulls memorabilia has gone under the hammer for large amounts in aid of fund raising for the club.
The overall aim of the evening was to:
- Create awareness about the existence of Rugby in Soshanguve.
- To raise funds for the Soshanguve Rugby Club.
- To build, brand image and also sustain the identity of the club.
- To revive and sustain relationships with existing sponsors.
- To network and make new partnerships.
- To provide marketing opportunities to small and big businesses.
- To give businesses an opportunity be involved in CSI initiatives.
- To break the stigma that rugby is played by white people only.
- To attract more players to join the club.