Vodacom Blue Bulls junior teams beat Sharks

Vodacom Blue Bulls junior teams beat Sharks

articles.comments (8)

The Vodacom Blue Bulls Under-19 team won their second match of the Absa Under-19 Provincial Championship, this time beating the Sharks 33-18.

The home side scored four tries to get a bonus point for their efforts. They had a 23-6 lead at the break.

Scorers:
Blue Bulls 33 (23). Tries: Duhan van der Merwe, Hanro Liebenberg, Jason Jenkins, Jurie Linde. Conversions: Dewald Human (2). Penalties: Human (3).
Sharks 18 (6). Tries: Jean-Luc du Preez, Malusi Cele. Conversion: Innocent Radebe. Penalties: Radebe (2).

Under-21's score six against Sharks

A strong second half performance by the home side saw them beat the Sharks Under-21's 53-25 at Loftus B on Saturday.
Scores were still tied at halftime (18-18), but there was only one side on the field in the second half, with the Vodacom Blue Bulls running in four tries.
Flyhalf Kobus Marais had a field day, scoring 28 points.
Scorers:
Blue Bulls 53 (18). Tries: Kefentse Mahlo, Kobus Marais, Marquit September, Neethling Fouche, Pierre Schoeman, Ruan Steenkamp. Conversions: Marais (4). Penalties: Marais (4). Drop Goal: Marais. 1
Sharks 25 (18). Tries: Buzwe Mpotulo, Cameron Wright, Tyler Fisher. Conversions: Tim Swiel (2). Penalties: Swiel (2).

Pin It

Jul 19, 2014

(8) Vodacom Blue Bulls junior teams beat Sharks

1. gravatar koekeMOER says:
    Mooi so bulletjies whahahaha so lekker as die riool babers getrap word maak nie saak watter span dit is nie,en ons het hulle gelooi op die craven week ook 36-15.Die highlanders so maklik vanaand gewen het as hulle skrums net sterker was en crusaders is n te goeie span om twee keer dieselfde fout te maak en die sharks se koope ook te groot so dit gaan n waratahs en crusaders finale wees.
  2. gravatar Bloukaap says:
    Well done manne! Geoie begin vir die seisoen sover.
  3. gravatar Bloukaap says:
    Ek wonder wie het al na die CC fixtures vd seisoen gekyk? Dit lyk bietjie deurmekaar. Daar is twee "afdelings" binne een afdeling. Daar is spanne wat twee keer teen mekaar speel en daar is spanne wat net een keer teen meaar speel.

Die Bulle speel 2x teen die WP, Leeus, OP en dan 1X teen die Sharks, Cheetas, Pumas en Griekwas

Kan dit waar wees? Wie dink al hierdie wondelrike goed uit?
  4. gravatar BlueBoat says:
    Brilliant try by Kefentse Mahlo. Shud get a run with the senior currie cup side!
  5. gravatar jimmy says:
    Mooi Bulletjies!!!
  6. gravatar Paarlbul says:
    Baie mooi jong Bulle!!!

Selfs die Cravenweek span - mooi gedaan - net jammer oor daardie drie wat OP in die laaste minuut gedruk het in 1ste game, dan sou julle die champs gewees het. Thinus de Beer lyk en speel/skop baie soos 'n Naas Botha. Die outjie het net so baie tyd op losskakel as wat Naas gehad.
  7. gravatar Victoriabok says:

Spies plots overseas stint

Pretoria - Pierre Spies wants to make a strong impact when he returns fully fit in 2015, which could be his final season in South Africa.

Spies has had a nightmare run with injuries in recent years, with thumb and bicep surgeries forcing the Springbok and Bulls No 8 to spend long spells on the sidelines.

He admitted that this has been frustrating, but his family and friends have offered massive support during his recovery. He now has his sights on a successful return to action next season.

“It’s been tough to be away from the game. There have been many lows I’ve had to deal with,” Spies told the MyPlayers website. “But when you surround yourself with the right people, you find yourself motivated by a great support base, one that offers a lot of positivity and keeps me going.

“I’m about halfway through with my recovery plan. I should be ready to play by the start of the 2015 Super Rugby campaign. It’s not easy being out of the system, but I do try to stay involved wherever I can. I spend time with the players and try to add value at training and after games.

“My goals for the 2015 season is to help the Bulls win the Super Rugby title and to play my way back into the Springbok squad ahead of the World Cup. I believe South Africa has experience and talent to win.”

Spies knows it won’t be an easy return to the Springbok fold with the tough competition among the loose forwards. However, he believes this will motivate him to make a stronger comeback.

“The loose forward department is one area where South Africa never lacks quality,” said Spies. “This will make things tougher, but it will also motivate me to work harder. If I can give my best on the field, I believe I will get there (make the Springbok squad).”

While his main focus is on his comeback next year, Spies is already contemplating his long-term future as a move to Europe or Japan could be on the cards. The 29-year-old believes a venture to the Far East could be more appealing than heading north.

“After the 2015 season, I’ll be looking to do stint in Europe or Japan,” said Spies.

“I think I’d prefer Japan after speaking to some of my mates who have played there, like Fourie du Preez, Wynand Olivier and Jaque Fourie. They all love the Japanese culture and the strong work ethic the locals have over there. I’m also told that rugby is gaining plenty of popularity and respect in the Far East. I think that would be a great environment to be a part of looking ahead.

"If I play in Japan, there'll be the chance that I could play further roles for the Bulls during Super Rugby and the Springboks during the Test window.”

While there will be plenty on his plate when it comes to rugby over the next 18 months, Spies added that he’s been enjoying life away from the oval ball.

“I have two young sons, so you can say I’ve been a full-time dad away from the field. And I’m loving it,” said Spies. “Injuries are never nice, but I’ve been able to spend more time with my wife and kids, which has been a blessing. I’ve been able to appreciate the time I can spend with my family.

“I’ve also been busy in the corporate world. I’ve recently done a career practitioner course and I do some life coaching. I really enjoy public speaking, especially at corporate meetings.”
  8. gravatar martin says:
    Bloukaap. Hullr is in 2 pools ingedeel. Jy speel 2 keer teen di spanne in ju pool en een keer teen di aner 4 in di aner pool. Dus speel jy 10 games altesaam so wat jy gsien het is korrek. .