TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Vodacom Blue Bulls Fans Player of the Season Competition
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running theVodacom Bulls Fans Player of the Season (the “Competition”)on the Blue Bulls App. The Blue Bulls App is available on Android and IOS App Stores. (The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Google and / or Apple Inc.)
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to subscribers on any mobile network provider in South Africa and runs from 21 October 2016 to 1 November 2016.
2. One (1) lucky entrant stands the chance of winning a Vodacom Blue Bulls Signed jersey by the Vodacom Blue Bulls Team as well as the opportunity to hand over the Fans Player of the Season Award at the Vodacom Blue Bulls Awards function on or about 24 November 2016.
3. To enter:
i. Download the Blue Bulls App for free from IOS and Android app stores
ii. Register your profile by providing your full name, mobile number and email;
iii. Enter the “Vodacom Blue Bulls Player of the Season Competition”;
iv. Tick box to accept T&C’s;
v. Click “Enter” to submit your entry. An on-screen confirmation message will appear to confirm successful entry;
vi. Consumers who have downloaded the app and registered can enter the competition by following steps iii – vi;
4. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
5. To qualify to win any prize, entrants must be at least18 years or older.
6. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
7. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Team Talk Media) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
8. The winner will be randomly selected after the end date of the Competition stipulated in clause 1 above from a list of entrants who meet all the requirements stipulated in these Terms and Conditions and will be notified within 48 hours after the competition ends.
9. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
10. Participants are allowed to enter multiple times, but only qualify to win one of the prize items listed in clause 2 above.
11. The winner must be able to identify himself / herself in a manner determined by Vodacom, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
12. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
13. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
14. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
15. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
16. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
17. Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
18. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
19. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
20. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
21. Vodacom will provide the winner’s details to their officially appointed sponsorship agency – Openfield Marketing Johannesburg - who will contact the winner and make all the arrangements related to the winner’s prizes.
22. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
23. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
24. The winner’s name and location may be displayed on the Blue Bulls App.
25. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. The winner may decline the use of his / her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
26. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
27. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
28. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate. The winner will be advised on arrangements in respect of delivery when he / she is notified that he / she has won.
29. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, prizes that remain unclaimed/ undeliverable after three (3) months of the end date, or after the date of the launch event, or no effort is made on the part of the winner to claim the prizes despite having been advised of the results of the Competition, will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the tickets to the next qualifying winner.
30. If the winner cannot accept any prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
31. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or claiming the prize.
32. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
35. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
37. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
38. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
39. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
40. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
41. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Condition